moogielight

musings on art, life and family from a crunchy mama

To the Nice Lady at Starbucks, Thank You.

Leave a comment

“No, no, don’t you worry. I have two of my own. I’m not going anywhere.”

Those three short sentences and a “Have a good day” as you left, smiling, are all you said, our total interaction less than a minute long. Yet for this frazzled mama that was apologizing as I realized I was standing in the way of your coffee while I tried to put the cardboard sleeve on mine while wearing my 15-month-old and pushing my feverish preschooler in stroller, for this mama’s whose dear husband is traveling about 75% of the time and working long hours the other 25%, this mama who doesn’t really have a lot of local connections right now and feels a bit lonely, for this mama those words felt like a little hug. So thank you, dear lady, for your kindness. You made my day.

Advertisements

Author: moogielight

I'm a stay-at-home homebirthing, VBACing, breastfeeding mama, advocate and sometimes artist, sometimes web designer. We are located on the East Coast (but long for the West Coast) where we try to live simply, playing with natural toys, eating organic, vegetarian foods and using our imaginations and creativity as much as possible. I knit and I'm in the process of learning to sew so I can make (or at least attempt to make) many of the items we need and use and want to surround us.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s